559 frenzy. i find that chanel polishes sometimes can be difficult to apply, but this one is not one of those. it does require three coats to be somewhat opaque, but it's easy to apply, thin and dries fast and without any streakes. i highly reccomend it!
as a base i used o.p.i. chip skip since my nails have been pealing of lately. this is a great product to save bad nails! it's a very thin product that sinks into the nail. since i like to have a barrier between my nails and colored polish i then used essie grow stronger as a basecoat. to seal it all in place and to reduce drying time to none, i finished with seche vite after three layers of the chanel frenzy. it stayed on for 5 days before some chipping and with a new coat of color and topcoat it stayed on for 10 days (and counting).
what's your favorite nude geige?
Jun 1, 2014
a few months ago i was on a quest to find a new mascara (see my instagram rant here and the suggestions i got for mascaras to try). i did eventually find one i love and that ticks all the boxes (it's this one from estée lauder), but while i was looking i tried a lot of different ones i will not purchase again for various reasons:
- l'oreal mega volume collagene 24h - great volume and length, some smudging and started flaking first week of use.
- covergirl lash blast length - the brush looked promising, but did nothing for my lashes.
- helena rubenstein lash queen feline extravaganza - great volume and length, love the brush. doesn't smudge, but started to flake after two weeks use. too short time period for an high end mascara (or any mascara really!)
- covergirl lash blast 24hr - looks exactly like the maxfactor false lash effect 24, no effect on my lashes.
- l'oreal volume million lashes waterproof - great brush, good volume and length, but smudged and was no way near waterproof. also flaked first day of use(!)
- benefit they're real! (sample) - this one i liked, gave black lashes, curl and volume. but i don't like the brush that much and like other mascaras more.
- max factor false lash effect 24 - great staying power, no smudge, but the brush does nothing for my lashes
have you tried any new mascaras lately that you love? i have a new one ready for testing as soon as my trusted mascara runs empty (it's the ysl mascara volume effect faux ciels shocking).
Labels: makeup love